How to Upload a Course
Anyone can be an instructor, and they can create courses. However, a prerequisite for creating courses on ParhPakistani platform is to have an Instructor account that can be set up as an Instructor through Signup option. Each course on this platform will first be submitted for review, and the admin will need to approve it before it is published. The course will only be published by Admin and will be accessible on our platform.
Once you have created your account as an instructor, your dashboard will be assigned to your profile, which can be found at the top left of the home page of ParhPakistani website..
Go to your Dashboard > LearnPress > Courses > Add New.
After click Courses, You will be redirected to the Course Editor.
Here is how the Course Editor looks like:
Based on each section here is the complete details that how each sections works.
- Course Title:You need to write the title of the course before designing the course. The title of the course should be correct in order to prevent any modification requests from Admin.
- Course Description:This segment includes all the relevant material about the course. This information will be used to provide students with insights into the course so that they can determine whether to buy the course.
- Course Curriculum:In this part, you must set up all the lessons, the course quizzes. You must first build a name for the section to start adding lessons, quizzes to the course. The “Section” is like a significant chunk of the course, where all the lessons and quizzes in that portion are about one particular source of information.
- Course Settings:Set all of the settings to the course. You may set prices, course details such as duration, number of students allowed, how the results of the course will be evaluated, etc.
On the right side of the course editor page, you can refer settings for the course like:
- Course Publishing information:Whether to publish the course or not, or to give it some restrictions.
- Category of the course:Category of the course
- Course tags:Tags of the course to give visitors more insights.
- Course featured image:You can upload Featured image of the course.
How to create & edit lesson
A. Creating a Lesson.
To Create a lesson, as mentioned above, you will need to enter a section name. In this example, “Section One”. After that, you will see the option to add new lessons.
You could also give a description about the section.
If you already have multiple lessons or quizzes that are created but are not allocated to a particular course, you can use the “Select Items” button to find and add lessons or quizzes.Please understand that according to the LMS system, only one lesson can be assigned to one course. If you want one lesson to be used for more lessons, please consider duplicating it.
B. Another way to create a lesson.
You may also add a new lesson by clicking on LearnPress > Lessons. This is where all of the lessons are handled. It’s going to give you specifics on every lesson in your system. When you want to attach lessons this way, you ‘re not going to be able to allocate the lesson you’ve developed to the course right away. You will need to go to LearnPress > Courses > Change a course or build a new course to add a lesson to that course.
C. Edit a lesson.
After you’ve created a lesson and assigned it to a course, if you stay in the lesson, you’ll see a lot of options to do with it as snapped below.
- Drag and drop the lesson to change its position
- Rename the lesson
- Make it preview-able or not
- Edit it
- Remove it from the course (unassigned) or delete it from the system completely.
If you want to edit the course, you will be taken to the Lesson Editor tab, where you can add more detail, content, and some settings to the lesson.
Here is how the Lesson Editor Page looks like:
There are some more settings in the Lesson Editor Page:
- Lesson Duration: Duration of the lesson. Set 0 to disable.
- Preview Lesson: Toggle between preview-able or not
- Media: Embed Frame code: If you want to make it appear as a video or if you want to add pdf, slider,etc to the lesson.
How to create and edit quizzes and questions
Creating a Quiz is quite similar to Lesson. You can create a new quiz by:
- Go to LearnPress > Quizzes where all quizzes in the system is managed
- Or go to one Course and create a quiz in the curriculum.
- The Quiz icon is quite distinguishable with the lesson icon
There are some new settings when editing a quiz, because you will need to create questions and set up lessons within a quiz.
Here’s how the Quiz Editor Page looks like:
Course Editor Page, there are some settings:
- Quiz Title: Title of the quiz
- Quiz Description: Description of the quiz
- Questions: Where you can create a new question, or select a question created using the Select button. You can start typing the name of the question and press Enter to open the Question Settings for you.
- Quiz setting: Set up some basic information for the quiz, such as Duration, minus point of incorrect answer, passing grade (passing condition), whether to allow the answer or hint to be displayed while performing the quiz, etc.
As mentioned above, you can type the name of the first question in the Enter question box and open the Question Settings box for you.
For example, in this screenshot, we created a question, and here’s what the question setting looks like.
The default type of the question is True / False. If you want, you can switch to another type of question. The default Quiz type available for LearnPress Quizzes is: True or False, Multiple Choice, Single Choice.You can also duplicate the question or remove it from the quiz (unassign the question) or permanently remove it from the system.
On the right side, there are more settings of the question that allows you to:
- Question Content: to add more content to the question in order to provide it with more detail. The editor here is pretty simple. If you click the Edit Question icon at the top right of the question setting, you will be redirected to the Single Question Editor page where you can use more Rich Text Formatting or different editors.
- Mark for this question: Add mark for the question. If the student get it right, they will earn that mark.
- Question Explanation: Sometimes, you may want to give explanation to your question after your student have taken it.
- Question Hint: Sometimes, you may want to give your student some hints on what to do to find the solution.